Things I will always love
It’s a major life changing event when I like/love something for more than a few months. I get bored easily and turned off by things faster than Linday Lohan driving away after a hit and run.
I can’t help it. It’s just my nature
So what are these elusive things? Well for starters, they aren’t earth shattering, so don’t get too excited. These are just styles, products, trends and items that I took a likening too and haven’t let looked back since (Some I have, some I use, some I emulate and some I covet). Warning; this is a very random list…so just go with it.
- Matte nail polish – I can’t even begin to describe to you how excited I got when a few years back matte mail polish came to the mainstream. Ever since the day I laid eyes on SMG (Sarah Michelle Gellar) wearing white matte nail polish in an episode of BTVS (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), I have been hooked. When I was younger, I would wear white out on my nails to try and recreate her polish!
- Leather pants – I’m not sure where this one stemmed from. I just so happen to think that ladies look muy caliente with some cow hide on their ass.
- Beachy hair – I’m a no fuss kinda gal when it comes to may hair, so beachy waves are perfect for me.
- Statement Jewellery – I’m not one for anything delicate, intricate or small. Tiny jewellery pieces don’t work for me, so I have always loved anything big, bold and chunky. Plus, when an item is so “in your face” everything else you wear can be minimal, which is exactly my style!
- This look –
This look is the cat’s pyjamas. Note, how she wears a simple top and bottom but throws on a fun print or embellished jacket. I DIE! She is my god.
- Black eye-liner, pink blush and pink lip gloss – It is my go to look. It can be worn during the day and at night, depending on how heavy-handed you are. Plus it looks good on most, if not all, skin tones and face shapes. The brighter the pink the better! My girl Emma rocks it (Did I mention Emma Stone is my girlfriend!? She is so gorgeous) without bronzer, but for a “glow” I like to throw some on.
- Glitter – I love glitter. It makes me happy. That is all.
- Exfoliating Gloves – I am an exfoliation whore. I could exfoliate my skin all day long. Exfoliation gloves are perfect for a person like me, they are textured so you don’t need to use an exfoliating product (I do though!) which is especially good for sensitive skin!
- Ruby Slippers – Ever since I first laid eyes on Dorthy’s Ruby Slippers, I have wanted a pair. They are just the most exquisite pieces I have ever seen. I could never bring myself to buy anything that looks like them. If I can’t have the real thing, nothing will be good enough.
- These jackets; No explanation needed!
- Chanel 2.55 or Classic Flap – I shouldn’t have to explain why, but I will. They are Chanel, ’nuff said.
- Messy buns – I love the look of a messy updo, it’s so “Business in the front and Party in the back”… in the most non-mullet looking kind of way.
- Sonicare Toothbrush – Yup, a toothbrush. This thing is life changing, I would never go back to any other tooth-brush (manual or electric). There’s no other toothbrush like it. It’s like a unicorn brushing my teeth.
And there you have it folks, the things I love. Well, other than real things like family and friends! Lol.
Happy Wednesday Fashionistas!